Celebrity chef Daniel Green is making a healthy appetizer that serves four.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided use
- ½ red onion, chopped finely
- 1 ½ lbs. lean ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red Thai chili, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Gochujang paste
- ¼ cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons mirin or white wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Lettuce leaves to wrap
- Kimchee to garnish
Asian Chili Lettuce Wraps - Home & Family
- Heat a large skillet over a high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the red onion and saute for 1 -2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and stir-fry the chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Thai chili, honey, gochujang paste, water chestnuts, soy sauce, honey, mirin or wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sesame oil and green onions.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves and serve with kimchee.