- Left over Risotto and or rice
- 10-12 medium small bocconcini balls
- 1/2 grated reggiano pareggiano
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Ingredients for Dredge
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups Panko bread crumbs
1. Mix risotto with eggs and parmesan. Take a large spoonful into your hand and work it into sort of a burger patty. Then place a bocconcini ball in the center and wrap the rice burger around to seal and for a ball. Small baseball size. Continue until all risotto is used up.
2. Then dredge the balls. Flour, egg and then bread crumbs. At this stage balls can be
placed in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
3. To cook. In a large Dutch over or fryer heat oil (canola) to 350. Carefully drop each ball
into oil and cook until golden brown. Usually about 8-12 mins.
4. Then keep warm in oven.
5. To serve. Place a nice homemade red sauce or a pesto sauce, or both on a plate and
place Arancini over top and serve.