Ingredients for Pork Tenderloin
- 3 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
Ingredients for Marinade for Pork Tenderloin
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 French shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups fresh apricots, washed, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Ingredients for Golden Beet Salad with Blood Orange and Feta Cheese
- 8 medium sized golden beets
- 3 blood oranges
- 1⁄4 fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
Ingredients for Salad Dressing
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
Directions for Marinade for Pork Tenderloin
1. In a large heavy skillet on medium heat, warm the olive oil and add in the shallots, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the ginger and the garlic and cook until the garlic is golden. Deglaze the pan with white wine. Add in the apricots, maple syrup, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, parsley and cook until the liquid has reduced about half way and the apricots are tender.
2. Remove the marinade from the heat and cool. Using a blender puree the marinade until smooth and creamy.
3. In a large plastic food storage bag add in the pork tenderloins and the marinade. Place into the fridge and allow to marinade for 3 hours or even better overnight.
4. Pre-heat the outdoor grill to medium high. Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and cook them on all sides until the thickest part reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. Then remove the meat from the grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Cut it in ½ inch thick slices, you will notice the center will be pink and the ends will be well done.
Directions for Salad
1. Wash, peel and slice the beets into 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 inch thick slices.
2. Add 1 inch of salted water to the bottom a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the sliced beets to a steamer basket and place into the pot. Cover and allow the beets to steam about 15 minutes or until they are fork tender. Remove from the basket and allow to cool off in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, white balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the warm beets, toss together. Reserve.
4. Prep the blood oranges by using a sharp paring knife, cut the top and bottom of the oranges then using the knife cut the peel from top to bottom making sure there is no peel or white left on it. Then thinly slice the oranges crosswise. Reserve
5. On a large platter arrange the beets, then top with the blood oranges, parsley, chives, pistachios and Feta cheese. I also like to drizzle some extra olive oil, and season with some extra salt and pepper.