- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled very cold or frozen
- ½ cup chopped, dried apricots
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
1. Preheat oven to 400℉ . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Using the large holes on a cheese grater, shred butter into flour mixture. Occasionally toss butter in flour mixture so it’s easy to get a grip on the butter while grating it. Gently toss mixture to evenly distribute butter in flour mixture. Add apricots and blue cheese and mix gently.
3. Add ¾ cup of heavy cream and stir with a rubber spatula until ingredients are just moistened and come together.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into an 8-inch round. Cut into 8 equal wedges and place on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Brush the top of each scone with remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the scones are golden brown.