- 1 cup shortening or butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch salt
Recipe by Anita Pointer
Yield: 1 Bundt cake
1. Heat oven to 350˚F, grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2. Cream shortening/butter with sugar.
3. Add eggs and continue to beat.
4. Add milk, stir to combine.
5. Sift flour with baking powder and pinch of salt.
6. Add a little of the dry mixture at a time to the bowl of butter/sugar, stirring in between each addition.
7. Add vanilla, stir to combine.
8. Pour batter into pan.
9. Bake cake for about 75 minutes, until top is lightly brown and firm to touch.