1. Pre Heat Oven to 350
2. Bring a medium size pot of salted water to the boil, cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until cooked, strain and set aside.
3. Rinse the corn husk and brush with olive oil, place the husk on a roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes or until the corn is cooked remove from oven and allow to cool. Peel the husk off the corn and cut kennels from the stalk and set aside.
4. While the corn is roasting, in a medium size pot heat 4 tablespoons of butter on a low heat and slowly sauté the onions, garlic, ginger and fennel until caramelized, about 7 minutes, add the corn kernels, 4 cups of the broth, and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the Sambal chili and season to taste. Pour into a blender, puree the broth and set aside.
5. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil on high heat. Season the scallops and sear until golden brown about 1 minute, turn the scallops over and cook for 2 minutes, or until medium rare.
6. Add the cooked pasta, Asparagus, corn broth and chopped cilantro.