- 2 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 1 cup Quick Cook Oats
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds
- ⅓ cup Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ⅔ cups Dark Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1. Line an 8-inch square dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the cereal, oats, and almonds together in a large bowl; set aside.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, stir together the almond butter, brown sugar, butter, honey and salt. Bring to a boil and continue to stir for 2 minutes (it should get thick and bubbly). Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour over the cereal-oat mixture, stirring quickly to coat. Once thoroughly combined, quickly toss in ⅔ cup of the chocolate chips. Avoid stirring too much since they’ll start to melt into the mixture.
3. Press mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Allow to cool completely, about 2-3 hours. Transfer cooled slab to a cutting board and cut into bars (about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long). If bars are too hard to cut, let them warm up a bit, otherwise they’ll shatter when you try to slice them.
4. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a shallow dish/bowl, heat the remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave until smooth and melted. Working one at a time, dip the bottom of each granola bar into the chocolate, then place onto wax-lined baking sheet.
5. Once all of the bars have been dipped, use a spoon to drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of each bar. Refrigerate until chocolate has set. Bars can be wrapped individually with plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container for up to one week.