1. First, you want to create a frame roof for your birdhouse. From the top of the tube, mark a centerline at the opposite sides of the top edge of the tube. Then mark the two other opposite center lines and measure two inches down from there, these will be the low points of your roof.
2. Draw a swoop from the 2” mark to the two adjacent centerlines on each side to create a “u” shape.
3. Cut two 2” deep “u” shapes from the centerline at the top of the tube.
Pro tip: Use your x-acto knife in a swooping motion away from your body.
4. On the front of your birdhouse about 1/3 up from the bottom cut a 1 ½-2” diameter use an x-acto knife to cut a hole depending on the size of your tube.
5. Use spray adhesive to attach the birch paper to the tube. Trim with an x-acto knife.
Pro tip: Spraying the back side of the paper then rolling the tube on makes for a smooth application.
6. To create the roof, cut two small rectangles out of foam core. Glue them together in an “a” frame shape using a low-temp hot glue gun.
7. Glue the roof to the top of the house.
8. Attach the birch roll to the top of the roof.
9. If desired, create a small perch just below the circle on the front of the house. Cut a small dowel down to size and paint it white. Use hot glue to attach.
10. Arrange your mantle as desired and enjoy!
Pro tip: Add the snow last once you like the placement of everything to avoid a mess!