- Spring is the perfect time to plant your edibles and vegetables!
- Plan out your garden before you buy anything.
- Space out your plants accordingly. Too tight roots have no where to grow, too wide and you'll get more weeds.
- If planting seeds, place seed markers in the ground to identify what and where you've planted.
- When planting a tree, leave the "collar" (the spot where the root meets the trunk) above ground to breath in oxygen.
- Know how invasive your trees' roots are before your plant, so to avoid destroying your yard.
- Be careful about over-watering and drowning your plants.
- Don't over-seed your soil. Sometimes just a few seeds will do the trick so you're not left with an abundance of edibles.
The Home & Family Garden All-Stars
Visit David Walrod, host of "Urban Dirt," at Urbandirt.TV.