J Pickens shows you three ways to updated your outdoor furniture.
For a simple color update:
• Use a powdered furniture dye mixed with spar varnish to give your raw wood furniture a bright pop of color.
• It coats it beautifully without sacrificing the beauty of the wood grain.
For a simple physical update:
• Use a jigsaw to cut straight, clean lines across the backing of the chair as well as the arms.
• Use a Forstner bit on a power drill to create patterns with holes across the backing of the chair.
• Be sure to not cut too close to the edge of each plank nor drill through the supporting screws.
• If your chair is already painted, leave the new cuts unpainted and apply a clear spar varnish for a clean ‘Scandinavian’ feel.