Ted Kennedy Watson shares tips on creating a Thanksgiving Tablescape.
- Large decorative scarf, runner or tablecloth
- Small pumpkins in white and various colors
- Individual salt and pepper dishes with small serving spoons
- Fresh flowers and greens, kale for example, from the market
- Truffles or other sweet treat in orange tins
- Place cards
- Napkin rings
- Tapered candles
1. Cover dining table with desired decorative table runner.
2. Set your place settings. White plates are versatile enough for all seasons!
3. Next, pick your napkins and put them in napkin rings. When picking your napkins, don’t be afraid of mixing colors and patterns with your tablecloth! Since it’s thanksgiving highlighting oranges, burgundies and browns is a good idea.
4. Place the flatware and water glasses.
5. Now it’s time to add the décor! Create some small arrangements of flowers and greenery.
6. Arrange your pumpkins, flowers and candlesticks as desired on the table.
7. Set place cards.
8. Drop the truffle tins or other sweets for a take away for your guests on each plate and enjoy!