- Polymer clay, $10 for 1 lb.
- Craft dowels, $3 per pack
- Rolling pin
- Clay shaping tools
- Weather proof glue, $3
- Make the buttons. Take your clay and roll it into a small ball. Take the first color and roll it into a circle about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Take the clay tool and poke holes all the way around the circle, and the four dots to make a square in the middle.
- Take a thin rolled out piece of white and make a cross in the center to resemble thread. Take the rolling pin and flatten lightly.
- Take a tiny ball of clay, poke the dowel in it halfway to create the hole for the dowel. Then, put the ball on the back of the button with the hole facing up. Take out the dowel.
- Place all finished pieces on a baking tray and bake at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
- After the pieces are baked and hardened, take weather proof glue and place a small dot inside the hole for the dowel. cut a 3-4” piece of the dowel off and glue into place.
- Create 2 eyes, 5 black balls (mouth), carrot nose, and three buttons. You can also make a variety of mouths, mustaches, eyes and ears- however you want your snowman to look. It’s fun to give the kids options.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.