- Gold Leaf
- Mod Podge
- Gold Leaf Adhasive
- Gold Leaf Sealer
- Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brushes
- Blow up your balloons.
- They can be any size.
- Whatever size you want your bowls, that’s how big you need to blow up your balloons.
- Tear your newspaper into strips.
- They don’t have to be perfect.
- Dip your foam paintbrush into the Mod Podge and paint the newspaper strips onto your balloon, covering the bottom of the balloon.
- Make multiple layers of paper mache.
- The thicker the mache, the sturdier the bowl.
- Place your balloon upside down in a cup to dry overnight.
- Once the paper mache is dry, pop and remove the balloon.
- What is left is your bowl!
- Use scissors to smooth edges of your bowl.
- Paint your bowl white.
- You may need a couple of coats so that you can no longer see the newspaper underneath.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Brush the Gold Leaf Adhesive over the entire bowl.
- Place Gold Leaf sheets all over the bowl.
- Overlapping is just fine.
- Don’t use too much adhesive or your Gold Leaf will clump.
- Trim off any excess Gold Leaf.
- Brush on the Gold Leaf Sealer and let dry completely.
For more Lifestyle by Tanya, visit
www.TanyaMemme.com and follow Tanya on Twitter