- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Scotch tape
- Metallic shred
Instructions for center of flower:
- Make center of flower orange or yellow.
- Fold tissue paper in half.
- Fold like an accordion 1-inch wide.
- Fold that piece of paper in half.
- Cut in half one more time.
- Wrap pipe cleaner around bottom of the paper.
- Fray either side with scissors.
- Shake out the center of the flower.
- Glue on crumpled metallic shred in a ball to the center of the flower.
Instructions for pedals:
- Make small, medium, and large stencils in elongated heart shapes.
- Bunch 34-30 sheets of tissue paper together. Trace and cut out small, medium and large petals.
Instructions for Flower:
- Take 4 small petals and overlap at the base of the center of the flower.
- Scotch tape to hold the pedals in place.
- Keep overlapping for your desired thickness.
Do It Yourself Oversized Paper Mache Flowers
Tweet lifestyle expert Tanya Memme @Tanya_Memme. Also, visit her on Facebook and check out TanyaMemme.com.