This DIY for creating Succulent Brick Planters is great to use for a Mother’s Day tablescape.
- Corded Drill or Drill Press
- Masonry Hole Cutter
- ½-¾ inch Masonry Chisel
- Steel Mallet or Hammer
- Squirt Bottle with Water
- Small to Medium succulents
- Candle and holder
- Safety Goggles
- 4-8 titles
- 2-4 Small containers
- Bite size food, such as sushi, sliders, cheese, cookies, etc.
- Use c-clamp to stabilize brick.
- Moisten brick with spray bottle.
- Mark the center of your brick with a pencil about 1 ¼ by 2 inches.
- Use safety goggles
- Center up your drill on marks and begin drilling, stop half way down spray brick. ( this will help keep the heat down and drilling easier) You want to go about 2 inches deep.
Drilling trick: Mark on Drill with blue tape where your end point is, this way when you are drilling you know where to stop.
- Begin to chisel by making an 'x' and continue to chisel the interior of the hole till loose and you can pull out and make it as even as possible!
- Repeat for second hole.
- Fill hole with succulents or candles of your choice
- Optional: place clean title on one side with sushi, sliders, cheese etc.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Make sure you visit Arianna at TheModernDayGirlfriend.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.