What you Need:
- Piano Lamp
- Wooden Plaque (for base)
- 8 x 10 Picture Frame
- Brass Edging
- Brass Tacks
- Copper, Cream, Aqua Marine Paints
- Slip Joint Pliers
- Socket Wrench
- Wire Cutting Pliers
- Felt or Vinyl
- Glue Epoxy
- Fine Grit Sandpaper (optional)
- Dremel Tool (optional)
- Take off lamp hood with Slip Joint Pliers and Socket Wrench.
- Cut away electrical chords with Wire Cutting Pliers.
- Give the lamp base a verdigris (oxidized copper look) faux finish by first painting a larger round wooden plaque with copper paint (spray or liquid paint). Let dry.
- Then, pounce an aquamarine green and cream color. While still wet, remove some paint with a dry rag or sponge to desired look. Let dry.
- Glue lamp base to plaque with a good glue epoxy. Let dry completely.
- Paint your frame copper. Let dry.
- Affix brass edges and tacks to frame.
- Affix brass tacks to plaque base.
- Use a Dremel Tool to create a cut out for your USB chord. (optional)
- Drill a hole in your frame and attach it to the Piano Lamp using the original hardware from the Piano Lamp that attached the lamp hood.
- Wrap the frame backing board with a piece of felt or vinyl to create a scratch-free surface for your iPad.
- Add more verdigris (oxidized copper look) or rub with a fine-grit sandpaper for a more worn and antiqued look, if desired.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.