What essential items should we bring if we're packing a carry-on only?
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of nice slacks
- Casual wear
- Nice dress
- Pair of heels
- Half the amount of socks and underwear
Is there a trick to packing your clothes in order to make it all fit?
- Roll your clothes.
- Don't lay flat.
- Gain 30% more space.
- Stuff shoes / boots with clothes, underwear, etc…
What about all the products us girls like to bring?
- Buy small travel size products in your destination.
- Europe and overseas tend to have better products than U.S.
- If you're particular, get small empty plastic travel bottles to put your products in, rather than bring the whole thing.
- Less likely to also get stopped by TSA with smaller toiletries.
But what about blow-dryers?
- Most hotels have one in the room.
- Or bring it, but roll it in shirts or jeans.
Regardless if we pack carry-on or check luggage, what's the number one thing we need to remember?
- Girls, bring a big purse.
- Guys, consider a backpack.
- Pack extra set of clothes, travel toiletries in case anything happens to your luggage/carry-on.
- Put your purse inside the big purse.
- Help save room for any goods you buy along the way.
Get more of Stefanie Michaels' travel tips at
www.adventuregirl.com and on Twitter