- 12” wooden craft hexagons
- 5” x 5” wooden squares that are at ¾” thick
- Snowflake cut out
- Stencil adhesive
- White acrylic paint
- Gray acrylic paint
- Clear or white glitter
- Glitter spray in white
- 2” wood screws
- Power drill
- Optional: Smaller hexagons for accent snowflakes
- Optional: Baking sheet
- Optional: Smaller
- Optional: Jigsaw
- Optional: Sandpaper
1. Paint the hexagons white. These are going to serve as the backboard of your shelves.
2. If you want to round the platform of your shelves, you can cut curves on the corners of your 5” x 5” wooden squares and sand them with a bit of sandpaper to smooth the edges.
3. Paint the shelves white. Allow the paint on all your pieces to dry thoroughly. If you are making accent snowflakes paint and glitter them while you do the rest of the pieces!
4. Paint the platforms gray. Set aside to dry.
5. Applying the snowflake should be done one at a time, since it is time sensitive. Spray some stencil adhesive onto the snowflake cut out and place the snowflake on a hexagon.
6. Paint the hexagon gray over the snowflake and while the paint is still wet sprinkle the glitter all over. The paint will seal the glitter as it dries.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 for as many shelves as you’re making. Allow the paint to dry completely.
8. If the gray paint on your shelf platforms is dry, coat them with glitter spray so they match the backboards.
9. Once the paint is dry, remove the snowflake stencil to reveal a crisp, white snowflake on each of your backboards.
10. Line the platform up so that it sits level about 1/3” of the way from the bottom of the backboard.
11. Screw two 2” screws through the back of the backboard into the shelf to secure it. Repeat with all of your shelves.
12. Hang as desired, display and enjoy!