Materials for Look #1: Gold Leaf Sneaker
- Mona Lisa Metal Leaf Starter Kit
Materials for Look #2: Rainbow Paint Splatter
- Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple paint
- Cups with water
Materials for Look #3: Temporary Tattoos
- Temporary tattoos
- Spray sealer
Steps for Look #1: Gold Leaf Sneaker
1) Apply the adhesive coat to only the areas where you want the gold leafing to be applied.
2) Allow it to become tacky, approx 10-20 minutes.
3) Lay the gold leaf on the surface and lightly tap and brush it into place with a soft brush.
4) You will need to tear smaller pieces of gold leafing off and apply those to corners and areas that need some patchwork.
5) Brush away the excessive gold leaf.
6) Apply 2 coats of sealer.
Steps for Look #2: Rainbow Paint Splatter
1) Mix each with water to thin in out
2) Dip your brush into the paint and tap it on your wrist to delicately splatter the paint onto the sneaker beneath you.
3) Lay a piece of paper on the part of the shoe you want to block so the color stays fairly Concentrated in one area.
4) Clean your brush and move onto the next color. Spray the shoes with a sealer.
Steps for Look #3: Temporary Tattoos
1) Apply the tattoos on the shoes, the same way you would on ones skin.
2) Spray with the sealer to protect.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page