Kym Douglas has some easy to follow recipes for at-home beauty treatments.
Materials for Lotion Bars
- Equal Parts of Beeswax Bars or Pellets
- Equal Parts of Pure Shea Butter
- Equal Parts of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Vitamin E Oil
Materials for Paraffin Wax
- A slow cooker
- 2 lbs. paraffin wax
- 7 Tablespoons Mineral oil
- A candy thermometer (kitchen provides)
- Essential oils
- Plastic wrap/towel
Directions to for Lotion
1. Turn crock-pot on – (melting takes approx. 1 hour)
2. Use gravy ladle or measuring cup to pour into muffin pans or silicone ice cube trays
3. Put pan into fridge for 10-20 minutes and bars will become solid.
Directions for Wax
1. Add wax to slow cookers
2. When fully melted, add mineral oil
3. Add few drops of essential oil
4. Temperature must stay between 115-125 degrees.
5. Dip hand in wax/cover hand in plastic, wrap in towel for 20 minutes
6. After 20 minutes, peel off wax
* Use crock-pot liners for both treatments!