- Select a tree-shaped fallen branch with small trunk and at least 3 additional branches
- 5 gallon paint bucket
- 12"-inch length of 4"-inch pvc pipe
- 24"-inch landscape tree box
- White paint for use as primer on landscape tree box
- Silver metallic paint (brush on) for landscape tree box
- Several cans of metallic silver spray paint for painting tree
- Christmas tree lights with white cord
- Assortment of white, silver and glass ornaments
- 2 yards of silver, satin or shiny material to use as tree skirt
- Cardboard box pieces (to fill in between paint bucket and tree box)
- Insert the bottom of your fallen tree branch "trunk" into the 4"-inch pvc pipe and place inside of 5 gallon paint bucket.
- Add quickcrete (quick drying cement) inside the paint bucket and inside the pvc pipe to stabilize tree and make stand straight. Let dry 30 minutes.
- Spray paint the tree with silver metallic spray paint. Let dry 30 minutes.
- Paint the landscape tree box with one coat of white paint as a primer.
- Paint landscape tree box with either brush-on silver metallic paint, or silver spray paint. Let dry 30 minutes.
- Place the tree bucket into the landscape tree box and fill in the gaps with cardboard boxes all the way to the top of tree box.
- Cover the tree bucket and all of the cardboard boxes with 2 yards of pretty silver fabric.
- String the tree with white-cord, clear christmas tree lights.
- Add white, silver or clear glass decorations.
- Place indoors, or outdoors in covered porch or patio.
Fallen Branch Christmas Tree with Shirley Bovshow