Shirley Bovshow shows how our houseplants can fit right in with our Holiday décor.
TO CREATE GOLD ORCHID STAKE
- Spray the orchid stake with spray adhesive to act as a primer.
- Wrap a decorative floral wire around the stake from top to bottom to add texture. I found my floral wire at the dollar store.
- Spray paint the stake and attached wire with gold, silver, or white paint. You can also use acrylic paint.
- Once the paint is dry, add mod podge to the stake and sprinkle with glitter.
- Optional: Add a decorative and sparkly finial to your orchid stake by painting a small styrofoam ball gold or silver and embellish with glitter or rhinestones.
- Add the finial to the top of stake.
- Your orchid is now holiday-ready!
DRESS UP YOUR PLANTS
- Decorate your houseplants for the holidays by embellishing them with homemade Christmas floral decor made with fake flowers!
- Gather an assortment of faux flowers and stems from the dollar store and spray paint with color of your choice. Silver, gold, white, or red.
- Once dry, use mod podge or apply spray adhesive to the floral stems, leaves, and flowers. Sprinkle with glitter.
- Use floral wire to extend the length of your decorative florals. Wrap the wire around the original stem starting at the top and extend to desired length.
- Use brown or green floral tape to hide the wire extension.
- There is no right or wrong when it comes to creating these decorative embellishments for your houseplants. Have fun!
Get more from this episode >>