Materials for Table Runner
- 100% cotton fabric
- Tulip Blue Tie Dye Kit (Link Below)
- Rubber Bands
- Plastic Bag/Garbage Bag
Materials for Centerpiece
- Craft Board
- Craft antlers
- hot glue gun
- screws (screw gun if necessary)
- decorative pumpkins
- Chosen floral
- spray paint
- tea light candles
Directions for Table Runner
1. Cut or tear the fabric to desired table runner size
2 Fold the runner with traditional shibori style folds
3. Cut 2 cardboard pieces slightly smaller than the shape of the folded table runner
4. Place cardboard pieces on top and bottom of the folded table runner
5. Wrap rubber bands around the cardboard-fabric sandwich
6. Mix the tie dye and squeeze on exposed edges of fabric - don't over saturate
7. Place the dyed fabric in a plastic bag for 6-8 hours
8. Remove the fabric and wash it in the washing machine with the hottest water appropriate for the fabric or wash by hand with hot water
9. Dry the fabric in the dryer, iron and enjoy!
Directions for Centerpiece
1. On your craft board lay your antlers out in front of you and design how you would like them to look.
2. Once you have decided on your design secure antlers into place using hot glue gun and screws and screw gun if necessary.
3. Now lay out your pumpkins on your board to compliment your antlers. Once you are happy with your design secure into place with a hot glue gun.
4. Repeat this step with chosen floral. I will be using white hydrangeas and some leaves/greenery.
5. Spray paint entire structure with white spray paint. Set aside to dry. (Note that you may need to apply a few coats of spray paint for desired coverage).
6. Take your votives and secure to the board with a hot glue gun.
7. Turn on your tea light candles and place in the votives.
8. Place your centerpiece in the middle of your table on your fancy new runner!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page