- Embroidery hoop
- Sheer synthetic fabric
- Mod podge
- Artist paintbrush
- Screen-printing ink
- Plastic spatula
- Printed pattern to trace
- Fabric scissors
- Wax paper
1. Place your fabric in the embroidery hoop, tighten the hoop and pull taut to get rid of any wrinkles. This is your screen!
2. Print your pattern to the size you want to trace onto the fabric.
PRO TIP: Iif the pattern is too large, print it on tile setting and tape together. The less complex the pattern the better!
3. Place the pattern face up on the table and put the screen face down.
4. Use pencil to trace the pattern onto the fabric.
5. On some wax paper, use mod podge and an artist brush to paint in the parts of the design you do not want printed onto the fabric.
6. Allow the mod podge to dry completely.
7. Place a piece of cardboard into your pillow cover or under the fabric, just make sure to protect between layers.
8. Place the screen in position face down where you want to print and pour screen-printing ink onto portions of the design that are sealed with the mod podge.
9. Use the plastic spatula to evenly spread the ink across the design.
10. To remove the screen cleanly, pull straight upward with the fabric held or tacked down to the surface.
11. Allow the paint to dry and enjoy!