- Non-fray fabric like leather or felt
- Lobster clasps
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine
- Chalk or fabric marker
- Optional: Fabri-tac
1. Cut a long rectangle of fabric for your strap. Fold it in half length wise, then fold that in half so that all of the ends are layered.
2. Create a taper by cutting from the end of the fabric outward until your scissors run off the edge of the fabric. Be sure not to cut on the folded edge!
3. Sew the long edges together. You can use fabri-tac but sewing will be far sturdier.
4. Pull the strap right side out.
5. To create a pattern for the connector, take a piece of paper and set one end of the strap down with jump ring of the lobster clasp positioned at a distance you like. Create two connecting lines from the claw to the strap. Draw out the rest of the connector which should be a square shape. Cut out.
6. Take the fabric for your connector and fold it in half, place the pattern on top and cut out. Repeat so that you have two connector pieces. The connector should be a thick “h” shape.
7. Feed the jump ring lobster clasp onto the connector piece.
8. Fold the connector piece in half and sandwich the end of the strap between the squares of the connector piece. Sew around the edge of the square shape to secure.
9. Repeat steps 7-8 on the other end of the strap.
10. Clip the lobster clasps onto your camera and enjoy!