TO CREATE THE CHRISTMAS LAMPSHADE
1. Start to cover your lampshade by adhering the red ribbon centered on the prongs of your lampshade wireframe. Cut a slit in the center of the ribbon at the top and pull it past the prong then secure with hot glue. This creates even spacing to adhere the other ribbons in between. Use hot glue to attach along the end and the edges of each ribbon.
2. Place red ribbon lengths evenly spaced in between each ribbon you previously placed.
3. Glue all of the red pieces on at the top first, flip the lampshade over, then glue the face of the ribbon on and the other end of the ribbon to the interior of the lampshade.
4. Glue the faux fur strips over the gap in between each red ribbon. Secure with hot glue.
5. Cover each seam of the red ribbon and fur with the thin ribbon. With the ribbon flat, apply hot glue, place on the seam, press and wrap over the top and bottom edge. Hold until secure.
6. Cover the messy edges on the interior by adding a strip of ribbon along the interior top and bottom edge of the lampshade.
7. Place the lampshade onto the lamp and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE RED RIBBON BASKET WEAVE PILLOW
1. First, remove the pillow insert and measure it.
2. Cut a bunch of lengths of ribbon slightly larger than the width of your pillow.
3. To create your basket weave, lay a bunch of strips side by side vertically.
4. Begin weaving horizontal ribbon lengths in and out of the vertical ribbons.
5. Continue to weave, pushing the ribbon upward to fill gaps.
6. Place the weave onto the pillow cover and fold the edges under, secure with fabri-tac or hot glue. Allow the glue to set according to instructions of glue.
7. Put the pillow insert back in.
8. Arrange on your couch and enjoy!