Materials for DIY Adopt Me Bandanas
- 2 yards of solid color cotton fabric or pre-made plain cotton bandanas
- Iron on lettering in contrasting color
- Scissors or Pinking Shears
- Fabric Markers or Puffy Paint
- Tea Towel, or old T-Shirt
Materials for DIY Photo Opp Frame
- 32” x 40” Foam Core Board
- Craft Knife
- Large Straight Edge/Ruler
- Doggie Patterned Wallpaper or Contact Paper
- Faux Bones, Hydrants, Paws, collars or anything dog-centric
- Glue Gun
- Wood Shims
- Glue Gun
- Bailing Wire
- Smaller Vinyl Sticker or Marker (for Hashtag)
- Smaller piece of Foam Core
- Velcro Tabs (or Double-Sided Tape)
- String/rope (for hanging)
Instructions for DIY Adopt me Bandanas:
1. Using scissors or pinking shears cut fabric into triangles (14inx14inx19.75in for a small bandana)
2. If using pre-made bandanas, cut them in half along the diagonal to double the number of bandanas.
3. Spell out “Adopt Me” on Bandana using pre-cut iron on lettering. Use a color that contrasts highly with the fabric.
4. Place tea-towel or T-shirt over the letters and press hot iron down firmly until letters are full adhered to the fabric.
5. Allow letters to cool, then decorate or embellish as desired.
6. Donate to your local rescue or shelter.
Instructions for DIY Photo Opp Frame:
1. Cut out middle of extra-large piece of foam core, keeping bottom border twice as wide as top and sides.
2. Cut out puppy-centric shapes from wallpaper or Vinyl and stick on frame. Keep in mind balance of decoration.
3. Poke hole in foam core with craft knife and insert decorations.
a. (Option) Secure with glue gun.
4. Glue wood shims to clothespins with glue gun.
5. Wrap with bailing wire to look like extra -large clothespins.
6. Glue end of rope to back sides of clothespins. The other end will be used to hang sign.
7. Create hashtag sign with Cricut and stick to bottom of frame. Or if planning on re-using, attach to smaller piece of foam core sign.
a. (Option) Write hashtag by hand.
8. Attach velcro tabs to back small foam core piece with hashtag and attach to large foam core frame.
9. Take fun photos!
10. Donate to your local rescue or shelter