Steps to Distress Your Furniture
1) Apply two coats of your base color to all the edges of your furniture. This will be the color that peeks through, when you distress it.
2) After your base color is fully dried, apply two coats of your top color and allow to dry.
3) Use a fine grated piece of sandpaper, sand sponge or wet rag and rub off some of your top coat around the edges of your furniture.
Steps to Apply Poster
1) Measure your poster to fit the back of your bookcase.
2) Cut your poster into pieces that will then be glued to the back of your bookcase.
3) Apply Mod Podge to the back of your bookcase in sections, laying down your poster and rolling over it as you go. Rolling helps push out any air bubbles.
4) Once your poster is completely laid down, apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of it to help seal.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page