Bring a touch of winter indoors with Paige’s DIY winter scene!
- White card stock
- Branches (store-bought or from your own yard!)
- 11x14 Shadow box picture frame
- Hot glue
- White glitter or snow glitter
- Mod podge
- Sponge brush
- Ruler or Tape measure
- Hand saw or hack saw (or clippers if your branches are small enough)
- Take your shadow box and turn it so that the 14” side lays horizontally.
- Measure the space you have within your frame. Since all frames are a little different, measuring the one you have will ensure that all your branches will fit!
- Start laying your branches out on your frame to see where you would like to place them. Take your time with this and move them around until you find the perfect placement.
- Take your hot glue gun and glue the branches on to the frame at the top and the bottom.
- If you would like to add snow, take your sponge brush and brush on some mod podge on your branches.
- Sprinkle white glitter over the mod podge. Set aside to dry.
- Either hand draw or print little woodland creatures on white card stock to add to your scene. I’m using birds, deer, and rabbits…but you can use your favorite animals to add to the scene!
- Cut out little stars for the tops of the branches.
- Attach all of the cardstock cut outs with a little bit of hot glue.
- Add any more glitter/snow you would like.
- Hang on the wall or lean against the wall to add to your Winter décor! Enjoy!
- If you are leaning against the wall as décor, add some greenery to the bottom to extend the scene onto the table or mantle.
- You could also use wood glue if you have the time (and patience) to let it sit for a couple of hours.
- If you don’t want to use a shadow box, you could take two pieces of 1x2 wood and create a frame around the branches.