- Copper upholstery tacks
- Copper beads
- Wooden board
- Deer silhouette pattern
- Copper paint
- Paint brush
- Needle nose pliers or wire snips
- Optional: Metallic wax rub
- Optional: Rags
1. Sort your pennies by color.
3. Trace the deer silhouette onto your wooden canvas and fill in with copper paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Begin to lay out your pennies, putting the brightest pennies down first. Adhere them with E6000 as you go.
5. Once you have a base layer of pennies, add the darker colored pennies for shading in the ears and around the neck as desired to add dimension. Adhere with E6000.
6. Clip the pin part off of your upholstery tacks and use them to fill in small spaces between pennies and narrow part of the antlers. Adhere with E6000.
7. Add copper beads to the very tip of the antlers so that they look like they come to a point. Adhere with E6000.
8. Leave the canvas flat and allow the glue to set for 24 hours.
9. Hang as desired and enjoy!