Ken Wingard creates wall art celebrating the joy of pulling out your Christmas ornaments.
DIY Oversized Ornaments
DIY OVERSIZED ORNAMENTS MATERIALS:
- Wooden round 24” diameter or other desired size
- Painter’s tape
- Paint in christmas colors
- Paint pens
- Deli cup
- Silver spray paint
- Wire hanger
- Wire snips
- Ribbon or pre-made bow
- French cleat
- Vinyl lettering
DIY OVERSIZED ORNAMENTS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Paint the round a solid base color. Allow to dry.
- Lay out the stripe pattern with painter’s tape and paint in desired colors. Allow to dry. PRO TIP: Remember that wherever the painter’s tape is, it will be the base color.
- Add glitter if desired by painting mod podge on and sprinkling the glitter in. Allow to dry.
- Use paint pens to add small decorative pattering and details. Allow to dry.
- Add a phrase using paint an artist brush or vinyl letters.
- Create the ornament cap. Cut the deli cup in half with an x-acto knife then a notch in the bottom back side for the top of the wood to set in.
- Spray paint silver. Allow to dry.
- Create the ornament hook by cutting a wire hanger and bending it into shape.
- Attach the hook to the ornament cap by cutting two holes next to each other in the top, weaving the wire through and bending closed to secure in place.
- Attach the ornament cap, use hot glue in place to secure.
- Hang as desired using a French cleat. Enjoy!