- 2 Scarves
- Sewing Machine
- Chinese Silk (optional)
Orly Shani’s DIY Scarf Purse - Home & Family
- Lay two scarves face-to-face and cut to the same shape and size (a tapered square or rectangle)
- Sew the sides and bottom together with a ¼-inch seam allowance.
- Next fold over a 1" hem on the top for a clean finish.
- Hand sew your chain on to each side to create your straps.
- If your scarf is extra delicate then you will want to line it. Buy ½ yard of Chinese silk in your desired color. Cut the liner the same size as your scarves. Sew it the same as your scarf but this time you will use a ¼" seam allowance so it is just slightly smaller then your bag. You will fit it inside your bag and then sew the top down as one piece.
Get more great craft projects from Orly @OrlyShani
Get more information about this Episode>>