- • Small Staghorn Fern
- • String of Pearls plant
- • Old pantyhose
- • Sphagnum Moss
- • Coconut fiber planter liner
- • Fishing wire (25-50lb capacity)
- • Black metal fruit basket
- • Metal plant hanger
- • Bucket of water
- • Spray bottle
- Wrap the roots of a small Staghorn fern with wet sphagnum moss and place inside a piece of pantyhose. Secure with wire.
- Cover the exposed pantyhose with decorative sheet moss or coconut fiber, wrap with wire.
- Place inside of metal fruit basket and secure plant to basket with more wire.
- Fill the inside of the basket with sphagnum moss and plant the “string of pearls” succulent into the moss. Secure to basket with wire.
- Use a metal plant hanger to hang it! After a couple of years, the fern will grow and fill in the basket. You can relocate it and hang it on a wall or outdoors on a tree limb so that it can spread.
And you can get more great gardening tips from Shirley at
edenmakers.com or on twitter