- Velcro tabs
- Foam board
Steps for Swaddle Blanket
1. Start with 1 1/4 yards of fabric.
2. Cut your fabric into a perfect square.
3. Anywhere from 34"-44" will work for this.
4. Wrap your baby in the swaddle so you can mark the proper monogram placement.
5. If you want to apply a Velcro tab, use the rough side on the top piece and apply the soft side on the bottom piece.
6. Do it while your baby is in the swaddle so you know exactly where the Velcro should go.
7. Next take her out of the swaddle and lay the fabric on a magazine, or foam board so the paint doesn't bleed through to your table.
8. Take your stencils and secure the first letter with a few pieces of tape on the right side of the fabric.
9. Tap the paint into the stencil until it is even and vibrant, take extra care with the corners of the letters.
10. Take the stencil off and move to the next letter.
11. Allow this to dry fully and then iron to set the paint.
12. Always apply a piece of cloth in between the iron and fabric to prevent the paint from coming off. * Never iron directly on the fabric.
Steps for Headband
1. Measure your baby's head.
Head measures 13" 13-1=12
2. If the fabric is stretchy then subtract 1" and multiply times 2
3. Cut a piece 24" long and sew the ends together so you have one large circle.
4. You can make it as skinny or thick as you like depending on your preference.
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page