This entire bench was built using recycled pallets and a 2x4.
We used power tools, but if you don't want to use power tools, you can always use hand tools.
To complete this project, you will need:
- 2 pallets – or 1 pallet and some scrap wood (or 2x4's)
- Jig or skill saw
- Screw gun and screws (or a nail gun)
- Measuring tape
Today's project is a 1 to 2 person job that will probably take you a couple hours to complete, plus the time it would take to dry if stained or painted. Steps:
- Cut your pallet in half. This will be the frame of your bench
- Pull off the top panels.
- Measure, cut, and screw in the end pieces.
- Measure, cut, and screw in the legs.
- Measure, cut, and screw in the leg braces.
- Measure & cut the boards for the top.
- Arrange top boards for a good fit.
- Screw in the boards on top.
We were inspired to do this project from bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.