- Tree Branch
- Plywood Round
- 4 "L" Shaped Brackets
- Moss/Fall Leaves
- 5 Styrofoam Boards
- X-Acto knife/serrated knife
- Exterior Latex House Paint
Time: Project takes an hour and then an additional 30 minutes for each sign.
- Assemble a tree branch to a plywood round.
- Use 4 "L" Shaped brackets to secure the base of the tree branch to the plywood round.
- Glue moss and fall leaves to the base of the tree to hide the brackets and start the decoration of your Halloween sign.
- Free hand with a sharpie or print any font that you desire from your computer to then trace onto the styrofoam board.
- Use an X-Acto knife or a serrated knife to create a jagged edge along the sides of your Styrofoam board.
- Put a base coat of exterior latex house paint on the Styrofoam.
- Let that coat of paint dry and then start detailing!
- At this point, you have a base for your sign and you can now start a personalized Halloween sign!
- Attach your Styrofoam boards to the tree. Hang them on a hook to a nail in your branch.
Mark's DIY Halloween Sign
You can get more great craft projects from "Home & Family" by visiting us on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.