Things You Need:
- Baseballs- 3 to 4 (or any toy, theme you want)
- Make your own lamp kit (Target, Home Depot)
- Lamp Base
- Power Drill
- Hot Glue
- All thread kit (if needed)
- Buy baseballs, "Make your own lamp kit" and a base plate at a sporting goods store, Target, Home Depot, or any hardware store for lamp kit.
- You will probably need three to four baseballs to complete the lamp.
- Use tee balls because they are hollow. Regular balls have cork inside.
- Before you start drilling, make sure to place the ball in a jig. That will secure the ball and you can avoid injury when you start using the power drill.
- Drill a hole in the middle of the baseball and make sure the hole is large enough to insert the power cord.
- Drill a hole in the middle of the baseplate the size of the threaded rod and attach the threaded rod with a nut and washer.
- Once the holes have been drilled in the balls, slide the powercord through the threaded rod and then slide the baseballs over the threaded rod onto the table lamp base.
- Assemble the socket at the top of the rod, directly on top of the baseballs.
- Screw in the light bulb.
- Add the lampshade.
- Option to paint the base and the lampshade.
- Option to glue wooden drawer knobs to bottom of plate as feet.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.