- Wool Roving
- 100% Cotton Yarn
- Nylon Stocking
- Kitchen String
- You need wood roving. You can find this from most craft and yarn stores. It looks like a big mass of wool straight from a sheep. Wool roving is what wool looks like before it's spun into yarn.
- For each ball, you'll need 3-4 ounces of roving (best to weigh it), and roll it into a tight ball.
- Wrap your ball tightly with 100% wool yarn.
- Place inside a stocking of cut off pair of hose (cheap knee high's from drug store work great). Tie off with kitchen string (not yarn).
- Toss in a hot machine wash cycle, then dry on high - this will "felt" the ball (it will shrink considerably).
- Remove the hose and sprinkle with 20 drops Lavender essential oil per ball.
- I recommend that you use about 5-6 balls per drying load to get maximum anti-static and fragrance effect.
Sophie Uliano's DIY Dryer Balls