An adorable DIY, Jack O’Lantern Baskets perfect for the whole family to make together for Halloween.
DIY Jack-O’-Lantern Baskets
DIY JACK-O’-LANTERN BASKETS MATERIALS:
- Shallow wicker baskets
- Orange spray paint
- Black felt
- Stiff felt in green or brown
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft paint in Fall colors
- Paint brushes
DIY JACK-O’-LANTERN BASKETS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Paint the basket orange, allow to dry. PRO TIP: Dry brush of other fall colors of craft paint on once the spray paint has dried to add texture.
- Draw out jack-o’-lantern face pieces onto the black felt with chalk, two eyes a nose and a mouth.
- Draw a stem shape onto the stiff brown or green felt. PRO TIP: If you want to use soft felt for the stem, draw two identical stems. Cut a piece of cardboard slightly smaller than and to the shape of the stem then sandwich it between the stem cut outs, secure with hot glue.
- Cut out the face pieces and stems with scissors.
- Use hot glue to attach the face pieces as desired.
- Glue the stem to the top edge of the basket.
- Glue leaves around the base of the stem.
- Cover the bottom of the stem with a bow. Tie a bow with ribbon and attach with glue to over the bottom edge of the stem. Enjoy!