Lauren Makk is re-inventing the way we enjoy our favorite Christmas stories.
Christmas Decor, Kids
Lauren Makk's Storybook Luminaries - Home & Family
- Cylindrical hurricane vases 8” or 11” height
- Tracing paper
- Double-sided tape or mod podge and paintbrush
- Ribbon ¼”- ½” width
- Scotch tape
- Led tealights
- Photocopy the desired pages of your favorite storybook onto tracing paper. Pro tip: use some scotch tape to secure the tracing paper to a piece of cardstock on all four sides so it doesn’t jam your printer.
- Cut the tracing paper with image to size for the vase you are adhering it to. Repeat with all the images.
- Use double-sided tape to adhere the image to the vase. Stick pieces along the edges and press onto the vase. Repeat with each votive. PRO-TIP: You can also use mod podge to adhere the images permanently if desired.
- Cut a piece of tracing paper to cover any exposed glass left on the votive. Use double-sided tape to adhere. Repeat with each votive.
- Measure out the amount of ribbon you need to add trim to the top and bottom of each votive. Cut to size.
- Use hot-glue to adhere the ribbon as trim to the top and bottom edge of each votive.
- Arrange as desired, place a tealight or two in each votive and enjoy!