Things you can eat/drink for post-holiday puffiness and bloating:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – speed slimming, reduces bloating. Restores your body’s PH balance. 2 tbsps in a glass of water daily. • Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar reduces bloating –
2. Flush your system with high water content fruits and veggies like:
• Celery, lettuce, kale
• Grapefruit – boosts metabolism • Beets – detoxify the bladder and kidneys
3. Flush your system by upping your intake of high water content fruits and veggies.
• Yogi Detox Tea – supports healthy liver and kidney function, includes the herbs burdock and dandelion root.
For the Skin:
Dry brushing boosts circulation and activates lymphatic system
- Apply a Dry brush the skin. Boosts circulation and activates the lymphatic system for purification. Brush in small circles and work up the body towards the heart. Can be done before or after shower or bath.
- Take a detoxifying bath. The body can efficiently expel toxins through the pores of the skin. To hasten this process, combine in a bath 1 cup of Epsom salts and 1 to 2 tablespoons of an essential oil, such as lemon, jojoba, rosemary or olive. The ingredients' stimulating properties naturally draw toxins out. Sit in hot bath for at least 20 minutes to sweat out the toxins.
- Exfoliate. Increases circulation and removes toxins. Kym recommends Lush Ocean Salt face and body scrub. • LUSH all natural, cruelty-free products - lushusa.com.
- Moisturize. Kym recommends LUSH body creams, and Seacret Refresh Vitamin-Rich Moisturizer. Includes dead sea minerals that heal and relieve the skin. Contains 26 essential minerals to nourish the skin. • Seacret Refresh Vitamin-Rich Moisturizer, www.seacretspa.com.
For stubborn puffy eyes and dark circles:
• Use under eye patches
• Vitamin E capsules - at your local drug store, cut them open, and apply the vitamin E right on your face. Get additional tips from lifestyle and beauty expert Kym Douglas at KymDouglas.com. Follow her @KymDouglas and like her on Facebook.