- Old Dresser
- Solid Door
- Wheel Casters
- Wood Glue
- “T” & “L” Brackets
- Solid Core Door
- Base Paint
- Paint Glaze
- Brown Paint
- First you need to figure out the size of the island you want to create. You can make it any size, big or small.
- You can use a dresser you already have in your home or buy one second hand. I bought this one on Craig’s list for $100.
- Because our island will be have wheel casters on the bottom of them you want to fix the backside of your dresser.
- We need to cover it with the bead board panel and meausure it and then we will nail it with a nail gun but you can use a screwdriver.
- Once this is done we will add the wheel coasters on, we have three on already so we will add the last one on.
- Remember that this will add height to your island. After you added wheel casters you need to prep your dresser by sanding it down and getting it ready for prime and painting.
- Lightly sand of any protective coating
- Paint with two coats of latex paint
- Mix 2/3rd’s glaze with 1/3 brown paint
- Brush glaze on and then wipe off excess with a paper towel
- Place door on top of dresser, leaving 12” overhang for breakfast bar
Secure door in place from underneath with screws
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.