• Clear, Rectangular Vase
• Rubber Band • Calla Lilies or Sunflowers • Persimmons • Roses, carnations, chrysanthemums, lilies or hydrangeas • Sharp knife or scissors Instructions:
- Take your bunch of calla lilies and based on how large vase is, cut off the stems so they are even lengths.
- Using a rubber band, wrap around the bottom of the stems and place in vase, allow the tops of the flowers to spread out.
- There will be open space in the vase around the calla lily stems, fill with persimmons.
- Take your other flowers and cut stems evenly to short length (2 inches).
- Arrange shortened, cut flowers and arrange along the top edge of the vase.
"Column" ArrangementMaterials:• Short, square vase • Floral foam • Palm Leaf • String, Rubber band or Twist Tie • Amarillo Flowers • Roses or Chrysanthemums • Knife or Scissors Instructions:
- Cut a piece of floral foam so that it will fit neatly inside your vase.
- Measure and cut a piece of palm leaf to wrap around and conceal the floral foam.
- Place palm leaf-covered floral foam inside vase.
- Take 3 Amarillo flowers, measure and cut stems to equal length.
- Tie a little knot with a string at the top of the flowers (to give a "blooming" effect).
- Place flowers inside vase (the floral foam will hold them upright).
- Then, cut your other flowers (roses, chrysanthemums) so stems are 2 inches and cluster along the top of vase.
"Floating Succulent" ArrangementMaterials:• Clear, square vase • Floral Foam • Calla-lilies (Orange or Green) • Succulents ("Hen and Chick") Instructions:
- Bundle your orange or green calla-lilies at the base.
- Using your hands, curve the stems 6 inches below bloom (you'll hear breaking and popping).
- Stick curved calla-lilies down into vase.
- Cut the succulent all the way down to the crown.
- Cut a piece of floral foam and stick on the bottom of the succulent.
- Turn the succulent sideways and wedge it in the vase so it's pressing up against the glass.
Visit kennethwingard.com for more tips!