- Digital image of your favorite photos
- Clear vinyl self-adhesive decals
- Ruler, exacto knife/straight edge, pencils
- Window cleaner spray
- Find an image that is the right orientation.
- Crop it so it’s the same proportions as the window (size the photo to fit your window using a computer program like Photoshop or iphoto – or have your copy or print center help you or do it for you). Note: If windows are divided into small panes, measure the individual squares (to come from the one big printout).
- Bring it to a print shop and ask them to print on a clear self adhesive vinyl decal for straight adhesion. The film backing adhesive can be permanent, or adjustable (easier to reposition). Note: If you want the window to be opaque – so you can’t see through it – print on white vinyl decals).
- Clean window well with a window cleaner or vinegar and water.
- Peel off backing at one corner, align vinyl properly on window; affix to window.
- Continue to peel and stick until entire sticker is in place.
- You can remove air bubbles by using a driver’s license or credit card to squeegee.
- Pierce any air bubbles with a pin and smooth over. NOTE: The decals cost about $10 square foot. NOTE: The decals should last about 3 years plus if used outside, and 10 years plus if used inside.
Window Art Photos with Ken Wingard