- Decorative appliques
- Fabric scissors
- Pillow stuffing
- Ribbon or twill
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine and thread
- Optional: Needle and thread
1. To create the pillowcase cut two pieces of fabric to the same size, leave ½” all the way around for seam allowance.
2. Cut a length of twill or ribbon to use as the hanger for your pillow. Measure the ribbon over your doorknob to measure appropriate length.
3. Sandwich the ends of the twill or ribbon between the top edge of the pillow. Pin in place.
4. Position the pieces face to face and sew them together all the way around except for about two inches on the bottom.
5. Turn your pillowcase right side out and attach your decorative applique to the face of your pillowcase with Fabri-Tac. If they are iron-on appliques, feel free to iron them on according to the directions. Allow the adhesive to set before the next step.
6. Stuff the pillowcase with stuffing. Now you have a pillow!
7. Close up the opening at the bottom of the pillow with glue or a hand stitch.
8. Hang on door and enjoy!