Design expert Kelly Edwards shows how to transform sweaters into vases for our flowers.
DIY Christmas Sweater Vases
- Fabric scissors
- Chunky twisted yarn or twine and large buttons
- Hydrangeas or poinsettias
- Hypericum berries
- Battery-powered candles
- Lay the vase down on its side on the sleeve to measure the needed length. Cut with about 2” excess on each end
- With the end of the sleeve at the top, slide the sweater sleeve over the vase and fold the cuff over to finish the top edge. PRO-TIP: If you are making multiple vases or votives and have two frayed ends on the sweater piece, fold the top end inward instead of outward.
- Add decorative details if desired. Cut then unwind a piece of chunky yarn, use just one of the strands to tie a bow around the top portion of the vase or weave some twine through a large button and tie it around the top to secure.
- Fill the vase with Christmassy flowers or the votive version with a battery-powered candle and enjoy!