- One sheet of 1/4" x 7 1/4 x 4' poplar wood board
- Sand paper
- 12 old soup cans (cleaned with lid removed)
- Circular saw (or have hardware store cut for you)
- Wood paint
- Paint brushes
- 6 soup cans
- Wood glue
- Scrap of leather
- Cut your poplar board into 9 ½" x 7 ¼" pieces. you will get two caddies out of one 4' board.
- Sand all rough edges on your board.
- Paint your boards (2 pieces per caddy) and let dry.
- Remove label from old soup can and make sure the lid is completely taken off. Paint your soup cans to match your wood board. 6 per caddy.
- Position one wood board on its side down the middle of the other board and secure with wood glue. use cans to hold in place while it dries.
- Once dry you can hammer two nails in the bottom for extra strength.
- Place painted cans on painted wood and secure with gorilla glue and let dry.
- Cut a 12" piece of leather cording and nail to the top of your center piece of wood for the handle.
DIY Kitchen Caddy with Jessie Jane
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.