What you need:
• 1 Knee High sock or tube sock
• 2 cups of long grain white rice • Essential oils • Peel N Stick Fabric Fuse permanent adhesive • Hemp Rope • Fabric Fusion glue Instructions:
- Pour your desired amount of rice into a plastic bag and add a couple drops of essential oil if desired. I used Eucalyptus and lavender, but I also like the smell of the plain rice. Use 2 cups of rice for a normal tube sock. If you are making multiple socks just multiply the amount.
- Cut the heel off of your sock and fold the bottom portion inside out.
- Apply hem tape on the inside of the sock around the entire diameter of the sock. Press down so the tape adheres to itself.
- Flip the sock right side up and fill with rice (scented rice if you added the oils).
- Add the hemming tape to the inside of the top of the sock and press closed again.
- If you want to add rope to the end of your heat pack as a handle you must cut approximately 8" of hemp rope and insert the ends at each side of the sock before you seal it with hem tape. You will also have to add fabric glue inside the seam to make sure everything stays intact. (You can also hand stitch)
TIPS: If you want to be able to refill your sock over time seal with velcro instead of hemming tape. You can also sew the ends if you know how to sew.