- Wood Slab from Michaels
- Spray Paint Chalkboard Paint
- Painters Tape
- Lazy Susan Hardware from Home Improvement store
- Wood Glue
- Piece of cardboard
- Chalkboard Marker
- Make sure your wood slab is clean before taping off the sides of the wood slab. Follow along the edge of the wood about 1" in. It’s easiest to rip pieces of painters tape and place along the edges.
- Spray the center of your wood with the chalkboard spray paint. (Chalkboard paint will work as well) Let dry.
- Remove the painters tape and flip your spray painted wood over.
- Using a hot glue gun, gorilla glue or wood glue attach your lazy susan hardware to the center of the wood. Let completely dry for one hour.
- Now cut a piece of sturdy cardboard to fit on the bottom of the Lazy Susan. Using hot glue attach the cardboard piece to the metal.
- Lastly you will want to cut a piece of felt that will be glued directly to the cardboard. Using hot glue, attach the felt. The felt is important, because you don't want the lazy susan to scratch your table.
Jessie Jane's DIY Chalkboard Tray
Visit Jessie Jane at www.lilyshop.com for more fantastic craft projects!