The goal is to keep the house air tight as possible. Here are Jeff's 3 easy and affordable things you can do to seal up the air leaks.
Sealing 1 Switch Plate
- Remove switch plate.
- Apply foam seal.
- Screw plate back in.
- Do it all over on the outlet plate.
Sealing Recessed Lighting
- Seal it from the attic side with a cap and seal around the base.
- Seal it from the house side by removing part of housing, use sealant, reassamble.
- Replace incadescant bulbs with CFL’s.
Adjustable Strike Plate
- Unscrew old door strike.
- Replace with adjustable strike plate.
- test for tight fit.